The second annual BIG Event, Pirates on the Promenade, on Saturday, November 11, from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Lake Mirror Amphitheatre features a personal, moving tribute to all Veterans of the United States, local vendors, exhibitors, and showcases some of Lakeland’s best musical talent. From young to old, the BIG Event – Pirates on the Promenade has something for all!
On the Stage at the Amphitheatre, the event kicks off with a welcome from our Mayor Howard Wiggs and a dazzling water ski performance on Lake Mirror. The Red Ribbon Run Corporate Challenge Award, and Poster Contest Award follows, with a warm welcome from J. Frinks of Big Brothers Big Sisters.
At 4:30 p.m. the Salute to Veterans begins and includes music by the Lakeland Concert Band and singer Rebecca Renfroe-Borneman. From 5:30 p.m. the Stage line-up includes more thrills and spills from the Lakeland Water Ski Club and a special after-dark show on Lake Mirror. Performances by Jazza-Nova, Patricia Kenoly, FOUNT, Brian Sutherland, and Bully for You will all be in succession.
Back at the Magnolia Building the Big Brothers Big Sisters will be selling Little Bites tickets for the food truck challenge. Sample and vote for your favorites! The Costume Contest sign up is from 4-6 p.m. with the grand prize being awarded at 6:30 p.m. Big Brothers Big Sisters host awards for the West Restaurant Week and the Little Bites challenge from 7:15-8 p.m. DJ Silencer will host the awards and then spin for the Dance Party from 8:30-10 p.m. in the Magnolia Building.
Treasure Hunt maps will be available at the Highland Homes tent #70 from 4-7 p.m. Children and those young at heart will have to figure out the “stops” required to complete the map. Once completed, maps should be turned into the Magnolia Building no later than 7:45 p.m. for awards at 8 p.m. Kids can also enjoy temporary tattoos, inflatable fun, games, and a meet and greet with Peter Pan and Tinkerbell from 6-8 p.m..
Bottled water, beer, and wine will be available at the R&R Tent along with two television sets to make sure no one misses their college football game!
What is the BIG Event?
Saturday, November 11, 2017, 4:00 pm – 10:00 pm
The BIG Event Lakeland is a free music fest featuring local businesses, makers, and delicious food! The event kicks off with the Red Ribbon Run Corporate Award and the Watson Clinic Poster Contest Award, immediately followed by a special Salute to Veterans by Green Construction. Then enjoy nonstop entertainment! Celebrate the best of Lakeland at this FREE music fest! The Lakeland Chamber of Commerce in partnership with InnerAct Alliance and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay present the second annual BIG Event Lakeland – and theme Pirates on the Promenade for 2017! The iconic and historical Frances Ford Langford Promenade at Lake Mirror Amphitheatre is the perfect backdrop for local fun on Saturday, November 11, 2017, from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
What’s there to do?
- Honor our Veterans at our Salute to Veterans by Green Construction!
- Red Ribbon Corporate & CEO Run & Awards – compete against last year’s winner Allen & Company of Florida, and their team “Phat Assets,” for the coveted traveling trophy!
- Enter the Watson Clinic BIG Event Poster Contest with theme Pirates on the Promenade – open to all ages!
- Enjoy live local music until 8pm, then a DJ dance party wraps it up!
- Relax at the R&R Tent and catch your favorite college football team courtesy of Bank of Central Florida’s Tailgate!
- Explore, learn, shop & eat at the Expo with Food, Business, Makers, and Non-Profits!
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay take food to the next level with Restaurant Week, Tampa Food Truck Rally and “Little Bites” Challenge!
- Kids’ Breezeway! courtesy of Publix Super Markets, Inc.
- Grab a map at the Highland Homes Tent and seek the treasure in our Treasure Hunt!
- Marvel at the exhibition-style thrills & spills at Water Ski Shows by the Lakeland Water Ski Club!
- Compete in the Pirates on the Promenade Costume Contest by CPS Investment Advisors!
Experience live music, family fun + great tastes – Lakeland style!